Intersections Benefit Art Show for IASC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

For the past month, Connecticut College has hosted the artwork of 7 talented artists, who come to the United States from around the world, and the supporting work of 3 Connecticut College alumni. All of the works will be sold with half of the proceeds going to benefit the Immigration Advocacy and Support Center (IASC), the New London non-profit dedicated to helping low-income immigrants.

On October 7th, the show closed. To celebrate the close of the show there was a panel discussion on immigration beginning at 3pm, which featured stories from IASC’s attorney Mike Doyle and a former IASC client. Thank you to those of who supported your Connecticut College alumni, faculty, staff and students, who were honored for their work at IASC. The honorees were Cecilia Estevez, Ciara Beaulieau, Estephany Galarza, Kiely Goss, Professor Joyce Bennett, and Kim Sanchez of Community Partnerships. Taryn Kitchen, Alex Marquez, Marcy Levine, Esq. and Margie Giacalone were also honored, although they were unable to attend.

Following the panel discussion, from 4-5pm there was a reception in the Cummings art galleries to highlight the partnering art exhibition “Intersections: A Benefit Exhibition for the Immigration Advocacy & Support Center”.

Kiely is a senior at Connecticut College. A dedicated Psychology Major and Elementary Education Certification Scholar, she enjoys playing club soccer, playing board games or hiking with friends in her spare time. She just completed her summer internship at an elder care law firm and studied abroad in Cork, Ireland last spring. Currently, she is student teaching.
Her Campus Conn Coll