How to Beat Dorm Room Heat!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

7 Tips on how to Battle Dorm Heat by Megan Tracy, our new writer! 

1. Invest in a window fan. It is essential to keep a circulation of air going throughout your room. It might not make your room cool if it is still hot out, but at least the addition of a window fan will reduce the stuffiness in your dorm.

2. Reduce movement in your dorm. The more you move, the hotter you will get. Go for a walk outside or in the air conditioned gym to get your gains. When you get in the dorm, staying still will help reduce the sweating.

3. Keep lights off. It seems like common sense, but keeping it darker in your room will make it feel cooler. You are using less energy. Also, despite the fire safety rules, some people still have those old light bulbs that get super hot, seriously, get rid of those!

4. Sleep with an ice pack or cold water bottle. Guess what? You have a new teddy bear. Do not worry about waking up and having a water puddle on your bed from the ice pack or water bottle sweating over the night, it is so hot, it will dry.

5. Take cold showers constantly. You do not have to wash your hair five times a day, but even just washing your face with cold water will help you cool down.

6. Hang out in an air-conditioned location for the majority of the day until you are so tired you have to go back to the dorm and go to bed. That is self explanatory.

7. Armpit Panty Liners. Buy a pack of apnty liners at any CVS, drug store or convenient store. Stick the sticky side of the liner on the material of your armpit so that the padded side touches your sweaty pits. Just like that, you are ready to go and not have to worry about sweat stains!

Her Campus Conn Coll