This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

It’s spring break ‘24, and boy are we excited! Here are some of our plans:

Allie Ziegler ‘27

I am super excited to go home and see my family and pets over break!! I’m also going to be going to Germany for a long weekend. My dad’s side of the family lives in a small village in Bavaria, and his Uncle is having an 80th Birthday Party that my father apparently promised we would attend (even though we live on a different continent). I believe that going to Germany for a WEEKEND is slightly unreasonable timing wise, but my family is convinced we will survive the jet lag. Nonetheless, I am very grateful for the travel opportunity and immensely excited to see my extended family!

Caroline Snyder ’26

I have a grand total of two plans over break of… rather different magnitudes! My first plan is to take my lovely cat, Ollie, to the vet for a routine check up, likely with a lot of yelling on his part. He only stays calm if I am there, so luckily we got him in while I am on break! He will get plenty of treats after and will survive the experience, I promise! My second, more involved, plan, is to go up to visit my partner (who is in graduate school) and both spend time with her and see a week in the life as a grad student! I am very excited to see all of the remarkably cool things she does in person. She goes to a college specifically focused in Environmental Science, which is one of my two areas of interest, and while she is far more on the STEM side of things than I am, I am amazed by her work and (selfishly) excited to see in part how my life might look in two and a half years. I am most excited, of course, to see her! 

Lara Beckius ‘24

It is my last spring break ever, and I am thrilled to say it’s looking like the best yet. First, I will be traveling on a Caribbean Cruise (stay tuned for a review post break), and then I’ll be home starting my new job! Exciting times ahead. Happy breaking!

Catherine Gwinnett ’24

This is also my last spring break, and I wish I had something interesting to report. However, I am still happy to announce that for these two weeks, it will be just me, my laptop, and various local coffee shops as I stressfully complete my honors thesis. Maybe I will throw in a trip to NYC if I feel like I need to travel. Yay! 

Hello! My name is Catherine (she/her) and I am a Classical Languages and Art History major at Connecticut College. I am also completing a Museum Studies Certificate Program here. I work as a curatorial and archival intern at the New London County Historical Society, and I love visiting museums and spending time around good (and bad) art.
Allie Ziegler

Conn Coll '27

Allie (she/her) is a freshman at Connecticut College and plans to double major in Theater and Educational Studies. Outside of HerCampus, she is on the executive board for Wig & Candle and participates in Student Activities Council. In her free time, she loves reading, crocheting, listening to music, and hanging out with friends!
Caroline Snyder is a sophomore at Connecticut College who is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies! She is also on the rowing team, runs events for Conn's Her Campus chapter, is on the education task force in the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention, and works in the college's archives, among other things. She loves writing, reading, her cat, dinosaurs, working out, and sustainability.
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.