This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Last weekend, the members of Her Campus Conn College donned fashionable outfits and ventured into Mystic for a delicious meal at Azu. Azu is located on the main drag in Mystic, right near the drawbridge, and offers seating by the windows for prime people watching. If you have been to Olio or Bravo Bravo for Parents Weekend, Azu needs to be your next stop! The three popular spots are sister restaurants. Some noteworthy entrees include a chef’s choice risotto and crab cakes served with scalloped potatoes and a lobster chive sauce.

Azu features an extensive “bites” menu, which some of us took advantage of, with everything from nachos to mussels with white wine sauce, diced tomatoes, and chorizo, which were in the perfect salty broth for bread dipping.

Clam chowder and fresh garden salads were popular at our table for twelve. I started with the house salad, a fresh assortment of greens with a light balsamic dressing. The lettuce was crisp and the dressing had a bit of citrus, but not too overpowering- a great way to start a wonderful meal!

Crispy Eggplant Tower with goat cheese and spinach

Mini Shrimp Fajitas served with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream

Some of us shared the Shrimp Grilled Pie. The asparagus was perfectly cooked and the roasted tomatoes paired well with feta cheese. Balsamic and olive oil made for a perfect glaze on shrimp and a thin and crispy crust. The grilled pie was cut into 12 small pieces- perfect for sharing! We only wish that it didn’t disappear so quickly.

Thank you, Azu, for accomodating our large party with great service, we will definitely be back to visit and enjoy! 

I am proud to be a camel at Connecticut College and my blog, A Dash of Sass, originated from people telling me that I am a great critic, especially when it comes my meals. The blog serves as an awesome creative outlet from all of my work as a Psychology major and Human Development minor, hoping to study abroad in Spain! Born and raised on Cape Cod, I love fresh shellfish, homemade black raspberry ice cream, when the tourists leave, and spending the day on the salt water. I can't live without reggaeton music, Alex and Ani bracelets, Harbour Island, or iced coffee.
Her Campus Conn Coll