Have Your Own Oscar Moment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Mean Girls taught us the art of trend-setting: “I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip-flops, so I bought army pants and flip-flops.” This style inspiration holds true for the Oscar Red Carpet. The bold blushes, blacks, and blues that the stars displayed this year are quickly becoming popular trends that everyone wants to wear. Sometimes it is hard to pull off the exact same looks that celebrities like J. Law and Lupita rocked last Sunday. However, we found more casual versions that channel eight of the most fabulous Oscar dresses on Rent the Runway. Have your own Oscar moment with these budget-friendly dresses!

Lupita Nyong’o

Maybe it’s not the same “Nairobi blue” hue, but this $40 Issa dress is a showstopper with its draping and plunging neckline.

Jessica Biel

You can be as radiant as Jessica Biel in this nude Moschino $175 dress. The pearl detail creates the same elegant look as the sparkle beading on Biel’s dress. 

Jennifer Lawrence

Be the “Lady in Red” with this $40 ERIN by Erin Fetherston dress. Both dresses are similar with their peplum shapes.

Julia Roberts

Black and lace are always sophisticated. Be classy on a budget with this $40 BCBG Max Azria number.

Jennifer Garner

Work Mrs. Affleck’s sparkly, tiered look in this $35 Haute Hippie dress.

Angelina Jolie

This $85 Sachin + Babi dress is just as glamorous as Jolie’s shear and shiny gown.

Amy Adams

Adams was sleek and sharp on the red carpet, and you can be too in this $40 Tracy Reese sheath.

Chrissy Teigen

Move over Chrissy! Have fun with a bold print such as in this $35 Kate Spade New York dress.

Julia is a senior who loves writing for Conn's Her Campus chapter! While she is studying economics and environmental studies, she is also interested in fashion and beauty. Her Campus has allowed Julia to incorporate these personal interests into her weekly schedule.
Her Campus Conn Coll