Gift Giving Guide for the Holidays 2012!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

With the holidays just around the corner, many of us find ourselves pressured to satisfy our loved ones with presents. Whether it’s your sister, parents, friend, or partner, the list below will guide you in choosing something fabulous that they appreciate from you!

FOR HER

• A Cable Knit Sweater: Sweaters are like shoes, you can never have too many. (H&M. $34.95)
  • Gloves: Don’t allow the cold weather prevent your loved one from texting. (Echo Touch Leather Basic Gloves. $68):
  • A Necklace: A nice simple necklace can always work as a simple accessory that every girl finds herself needing. (Dogeared. $64)
  • A cross body purse: I guarantee your loved one will find this more than useful and will wear it year round. (Rebecca Minkoff. $250)

FOR HIM

• Cashmere Sweater: Every guy loves them.  (Brooks Brothers. $448)
  • Vest: Keeping his core warm is all he needs sometimes. (Patagonia. $149)
  • Sunglasses: The sun is around for most of the time, so a new pair of sunglasses are pretty useful…plus he’ll think of you every time he gets complimented on them (Ray ban Wayfarers. $125)
  • Flask: Let his most memorable (or least memorable) nights be because of you! (Barbour. $42.82)Flannel shirt: He’ll use it to class, to a dinner, to a party…the list is endless. Flannels are well appreciated.  (L.L. bean. $39.95)

FOR MOM

• Make-up brush set:  Allow her flawless makeup be possible because of you. (Bobbi Brown. $125)
  • Perfume:  A new year is approaching, a new scent is required. (Carolina Herrera. $76)
  • Cookbook:  Wether it’s for a dinner or a party, shewill find this book useful to serve her guests. (Williams-Sonoma Good Food to Share. $30)
  • Ipod Nano: It’s easy to carry to the gym, to work, or to a friend’s house for a gathering; Your mother will be taking her nano everywhere. (Apple. Prices may vary)
  • Starbucks Gift Card: This would make anyone smile. Who doesn’t like coffee? Whoever doesn’t can get a scone.

FOR DAD

• Shaving Kit: Let you dad know you appreciate his clean-cut look by investing on a nice shaving kit for him, plus every man needs it. (The Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp Collection 4-Elements Kit. $115)
  • Cologne: One can never have enough scents. (Cartier Declaration. $135)
  • A tie: Dads can never have enough ties hanging in their closets. Getting him one with your college’s mascot will show him how much you appreciate his investment on your education.  (Hermès. $195)
  • Mini iPad: It’ll make everyone at his office wish they had you as their child. (Apple. Prices may vary)
  • Cufflinks: They are very simple but essential for every male. (Lanvin. $185)

(All images are from Polyvore)

I am a junior and a Campus Correspondent for Connecticut College! I am majoring in American Studies and a PICA scholar. I was a High School Ambassador for HerCampus in 2010-2011 and a contibuting writer 2011-2012. I love writing, editing, and social media. This fall, I am a Student Coordinator for the Women's Center, a photographer for College Relations, and am also a member of SafetyNet. When I'm not writing, I love being outside and enjoy many many different types of music. I also enjoy shopping at the Container Store, sharpie markers, thunderstorms, onesies, Gilmore Girls, The Newsroom, New Girl, 60 Minutes, and The West Wing.