Get Ready for the Floralia 2016 Headliners!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Get ready, Camels! It’s almost our favorite day of the year! FLORALIA!!!! On Monday, April 11th, SAC announced the lineup of this year’s Floralia. And the headliners are . . . drum roll please. . . Betty Who and Louis the Child! We are super excited (as always) to see these amazing acts perform, and we have already started preparing by jamming to all their best songs.

Betty Who

Jessica Newham, better known by her stage name Betty Who, is a singer and songwriter based in New York City who is originally from Australia. She specializes in a variety of different kinds of pop music including synthpop, power pop, and indie pop. Also, she dabbles in Nu-disco which is a music movement heavily influenced by seventies and eighties disco but also incorporates electronic music of today. One of her most famous songs (that we think is just fabulous) is called “Somebody Loves You” and was covered by Darren Criss and Chris Colfer’s characters (Blaine and Kurt) on Glee. Another one of her hits is “All of You” which is a song that is just perfect for that Floralia dancing vibes. We are SO excited to see her!

Louis the Child

Louis the Child is an electronic music duo from Chicago, Illinois comprised of the talent of Robby Hauldren and Freddy Kennett. Their hit single “It’s Strange” has blown reviewers away because it quickly gained over 5 million plays on SoundCloud and Spotify. This song was also featured on the FIFA 16 Soundtrack! They also remix a lot of songs that will be great to hear as we are dancing until we drop at Floralia this year.  Before they come to Conn, Louis the Child will be playing at Coachella and after Floralia they’re heading to the  Governor’s Balll! We are positive that these two will make for a fantastic time at Floralia this year.

We hope that you guys are all as excited for Floralia as we are! With these great music groups it is sure to be a blast! See you all there!!!

Jessica is a junior at Connecticut College, but she is originally from Massachusetts. She is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies with the the hope of pursuing a career in environmental communications. She loves poetry (especially Emily Dickinson), pop punk music, and her puppy Eli. 
Her Campus Conn Coll