courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Galentine’s Day Dates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

What’s Galentine’s Day one may wonder? Made famous by Parks and Recreation‘s Leslie Knope, Galentine’s Day is a day spent with the ladies!  Whether you have a boyfriend, husband or partner, Galentine’s Day is a day to leave them at home and show some love to your lady friends. Make your Galentine’s Day special this year by celebrating it with good company and consider going on a few of these friendship dates!

Brunch

Start your Galentine’s Day off with a tasty brunch to keep you energized throughout the day.  This is the perfect day to splurge on that restaurant you and your friends have been dying to try.  If you are running on a tight budget, make brunch at home with your friends! Cooking is super fun and a great way to catch up with friends and get the hottest gossip.  Consider making Leslie Knope’s favorite: waffles!

Spa Day

Galentine’s Day is also the perfect day to pamper yourself.  So get your girls ready and head to the spa! Galentine’s day is also the day to try that new nail polish color or get a new haircut.  If the spa is too expensive, consider doing a DIY home spa day with your friends.  

Hiking

Go for a hike! While exercising your brain releases endorphins which makes you happier.  Enjoy mother nature and be sure to pack a picnic! If you’re feeling super adventurous, break out the s’mores. 

Movies

Go see the newest movie or stay in and watch a classic. Either way, make sure you have lots of popcorn! 

Craft Night

Bring out your creative side!  Make some crafts with your friends and give them out as Galentine’s day presents at the end. 

From the ladies of Her Campus Conn, we hope you all have a great Galentine’s Day celebrating the women who mean the most!

Kendra is a freshman at Connecticut College. Kendra is a member of the Women's Water Polo team and loves traveling, her dog and a strong cup of coffee.
Her Campus Conn Coll