jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fun Things to Do Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Winter Break is FINALLY here!!! *happydance* If you’re wondering how you should fill up your free time, here are 15 ideas that will help you get the most out of your days off!

1. Have a sleepover with your old friends from home – it’s time for major gurl talk! *sassy handflip*

2. Get 9 hours of sleep every night. You’ll be thankful you did!

3. Get a job if you need/want one.

4. Do a vocabulary-builder book because a woman who has a way with words is setting herself up for success. ßbias from an English major

5. Lean in (update your resume, LinkedIn, plan for summer internships, clean up your social media profiles etc.)

6. Along with that, learn something new! Try a new hobby, learn how to code, read a history book – anything.

7. Do a workout DVD awkwardly in the middle of your living room and get everyone else to join you.

8. Get crafty in the kitchen, because it’s time to try out all of those super-healthy Pinterest recipies!

9. Make New Year’s Resolutions that are honestly practical.

10. See a movie in an actual movie theater or a play in a real theater rather than just on television. It’s good to have “authentic” entertainment once in a while!

11. Go to a museum! There are so many options: art, history, science, and more.

12. Build a snowman (or if you’re somewhere warm, go swimming! Nooo wayyy, we’re not bitter at all….)

13. Read every fashion/lifestyle/food/health blog you’ve always wanted to look at but never had the time.

14. Bake cookies… lots and LOTS of cookies…

15. Have a Netflix marathon …. with zero guilt!

Have a fantastic break, Camels!!

Brooke loves being a bookworm and listening to bands you've probably never heard of. *smirks* She is an English major with a concentration in creative writing who aspires to either work at a fashion magazine or become a college professor for creative writing/English. Cake decorating and baking in general are her favorite things in life besides her pug dog who is her main man. One day she'll marry Holden Caulfield, and they will live happily ever after!!!!! Oh, fun fact: She has her real estate license so if you need to buy a house or apartment, she's your woman. xx
Her Campus Conn Coll