This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Floralia is approaching fast and all of Connecticut College is ready to dage (day-rage, for those unfamiliar).  We have several acts coming to help us celebrate every Conn student’s favorite day of the year.  Read on to learn more about the line-up!

12:00-12:45 pm. Student DJs Rag Tag with DJ ReMax: These juniors promise to open up the day with fist-pumping, dance inducing hits! They’ve performed at several Cro dances and have had appearances at New London hotspots like Exchange and Tiki! 

1:00-2:30 pm. MOBROC: ​Get ready to rock with a selection of student MOBROC bands bringing us anything folky, indie, and totally awesome!

3:00- 4:15 pm. Wicked Peach: Local band Wicked Peach is a Conn favorite. Their set list features cover songs such as “Jumper” by Third Eye Blind, “Boys of Summer” by The Ataris, and “Your Love” by Outfield. They’ve performed at several past Floralias, Tent Dances, and other Conn functions! 

4:45-6:00 pm. The Rooks: The Rooks will be taking over the stage to bring us into the evening. The Rooks are a New York City based R&B/ IndieSoul band. You may have seen them earlier this year when they performed at Conn in November. They were a huge hit in the fall and we’re sure they’re going to bring us a great performance!

6:30-7:15 pm. Synchronice: Synchronice will shake the night up with their remixes of popular songs.  Two brothers, James and Will Saulsky, may be young, but will undoubtedly be a must see performance.  Popular songs include “Radioactive (Synchronice Remix)” and “You Da One (Synchronice Remix),” but in addition to remixes, they have a ton of original recordings as well and whatever they play, they are sure to put on a dynamic and fun live show.

7:30-8:30 pm. Doug Bogan: Doug Bogan is a recent Bucknell graduate, but has had the opportunity to play at bigger venues than the typical frat party– he has opened for big names such as Chiddy Bang and Sam Adams. Doug Bogan’s style will make everyone get up and dance! 

9:00-10:15 pm. RAC: RAC, or Remix Artist Collective, is an international group that puts a twist on the usual “club mix” remix.  RAC mixes tend to feature a unique blend of hip-hop drum machine samples, analog synthesizers, and melodic hooks. Some popular RAC songs include “Washed Out- New Theory” and “Surfer Blood- Take it Easy.”

10:45-12:00 am. St. Lucia: The headliner, St. Lucia, is a big name that we are all excited to welcome to Conn!  This indie-pop group will be sure to show the campus a good time. The frontman behind St. Lucia–Jean Phillip Gobbler, has remixed tracks for bands such as Passion Pit and Foster the People. Songs you may recognize are “Elevate,” “Closer Than This,” and “We Got it Wrong.” 

12:00-12:30 am. Arizona Beach Club: To close down the night with a big bang, student DJ duo Arizona Beach Club will be performing at the Loading Dock next to the Green. You may remember these sophomores from Fall Weekend, Winter Formal, and other dances and we know these boys won’t disappoint us in their concluding performance to the best day ever!!! 

My name is Amy Levenson and I am currently a sophomore at Connecticut College. This is my first year writing for Her Campus but have always enjoyed writing. Some of my favorite things include: the color yellow, coffee heath bar ice cream, Despicable Me, my dog Ollie, and the beach.
Rachel is a senior, economics major at Connecticut College and the Campus Correspondent for Conn's Her Campus Chapter! She started writing for Her Campus during her junior year and fell in love with the website and the amazing group of girls. In addition to Her Campus, Rachel is on the Executive Board of the Student Activities Council as the Director of Public Relations, so she stays very busy at Conn! Rachel is originally from Washington, DC, but plans on moving to New York after graduation, where she has lived the past few summers due to her internships with Versace and Burson-Marsteller. Besides keeping busy with school and activities, Rachel enjoys watching Scandal, eating sushi, reading anything by Malcolm Gladwell, listening to Songza, and having the best senior year with her friends! 
Her Campus Conn Coll