This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Last year, Flo gave us some great throwbacks with Iyaz’s “Replay”, and I’m thinking that this year will be the same. I’m hoping that our Flo headliner will be a one (or even two) hit wonder from the early 2000s, like Sean Kingston or Carly Rae Jepsen. 

• Conn Coll Contributor

I hope that this year, Floralia lets us enjoy the school bands a little more during the day, and then we can just take a music break before the late night headliners. I think most people are happy to take a nap after the student groups perform and rejuvenate before the big names come out. IYAZ was the standout performer last year and I would love to see another artist that makes us all feel nostalgic again! 

Conn is throwing a variety of fun events and dances throughout the semester and as a senior, I also get to enjoy Senior Week ahead of graduation. So my other hope is that I don’t become burnt out from all school dances, photo booths, and under-the-tent events in my future. 

• Maria Sell ‘23 

I had covid last year during flo, so this year will be my first experience. My only hope is that the weather is nice, and no one gets sick… I would also appreciate an artist that I know more than one song by the headliner, but that may be too much to ask. 

• Laura Martin ‘25

I am also experiencing my first Floralia this year and I am very excited for some fun outfits and music. I am hoping for possibly some throwback artists and I am very excited to hear from some of Conn’s own bands. Here’s to hoping for good music and a warm sunny day!

• Lauren Bryant ‘25
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!
Laura Martin

Conn Coll '25

I am a woman of few hobbies, but I am always up to talk about dogs, cereal, and stomach issues!