This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Believe it or not, Floralia 2015 is right around the corner! Here is a preview of the music for this year’s “Connchella” festival.

The line-up for this year’s Floralia concert is an eclectic one. Between EDM, indie rock, country, and tropical house (to name just a few), there is something for everyone. The most anticipated performances of the day will be the headliners in the evening, MisterWives and Cash Cash.

MisterWives is an indie pop/rock band best known for their single, “Reflections.” MisterWives is a young band, only three years young. Nonetheless, their album, “Our Own House,” is quickly growing in popularity. Jeff Celinker, a sophomore on the Conn Coll Student Activities Council (SAC), coordinated the line-up for this year’s festival. When asked about SAC’s decision to book MisterWives, Celniker said, “At the start of the year, a member of SAC played ‘Reflections’ at a meeting…[MisterWives] was only going to get more well known, and they hadn’t even released an album yet. We booked them, anticipating that their popularity would grow, not only on campus, but in the music industry, right around the time of Floralia. We were right.” Right they were.

Following the performance by MisterWives will be the main headliner of the evening, Cash Cash, an electronic dance music group. Cash Cash is best known for their single, “Take Me Home” featuring Bebe Rexha. Celniker said that, “At the start of the year, everyone [in SAC] went around and said their dream Floralia headliner… a lot of people said Cash Cash.” He added, “I am trying to have someone come to Floralia that everyone knows, [with] songs that everyone knows. Cash Cash fits the bill. I envision the Floralia headliner as someone whose music gets put on at parties before anyone even knows they are performing at Floralia.” In other words, he wanted the majority of the student body to know who the Floralia headliners are before they were announced, which is why SAC chose Cash Cash!

In addition to the headliners, several other performers will be appearing throughout the day. Here is a schedule:

12 p.m. DJ Rag Tag (Dance/Top 100 Hits)

1 p.m. The 1-4-5’s (Cover Music)

2 p.m. Made Saints (Alternative/Electronic)

3 p.m. Alec MacGillivray (Country)

3:45 p.m. DJ MoRocker (Tropical House)

4:45 p.m. MOBROC (Student Bands)

6:30 p.m. Armin Paul (Pop)

7:15 p.m. DJ Ethan Feldman (EDM/Rap)

8:45 p.m. MisterWives (Indie Rock/Pop)

10:30 p.m. Cash Cash (EDM)

Check out the Floralia website for more details on the day!

Danielle Kaplan is a senior from from Westwood, MA, studying economics and dance at Connecticut College. She is the in-house designer and Instagram contributor for Her Campus Conn Coll. In addition to Her Campus, Danielle spends most of her time rehearsing for several on-campus dance performances. Following graduation, she hopes to work for a non-profit organization related to incarceration and/or at-risk youth. But most of all, Danielle's true passions lie in avocados, dark chocolate, and cereal.
Her Campus Conn Coll