Finals Prep: YouTube Videos for Your Hardest Classes!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

As finals approach us like an oncoming train, we are all feeling the pressure to remember every little detail that we’ve learned in our classes throughout semester. Fear not, fellow collegiettes–there is hope for you yet! We’re going to share with you some of our favorite YouTube review videos for all your final exam needs. These have gotten us through those tough finals weeks over the years, and we hope they help you too!

CrashCourse

Run by the famous John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars, and his lovely brother Hank Green, our favorite YouTube review videos have got to be CrashCourse. These videos are so fun to watch, and full of cool cartoons and fun facts that you will hardly believe that they are helping you study! CrashCourse has video segments for Philosophy, Literature, Chemistry, Biology, History, and pretty much any of your core college classes. Each video is about 10 minutes long and is honestly so interesting that you will be able to watch one after the other without getting bored. These videos have helped our Her Campus ladies kick their finals’ butts and we are sure that they will help you too!

Khan Academy

Next up is Khan Academy. Some of you may remember these videos from your high school days but they are super helpful for college too! These videos are a little shorter than the CrashCourse videos, yet are still packed full of useful information. Their mission is to help educate people in a way that helps them reach their full potential which is so helpful at this time in the semester! We have mostly used Khan Academy for their math videos, including calculus, algebra, and geometry, but they have plenty of other subjects too including some science and economics playlists. They explain concepts in ways that can be easily understood, so if that sounds good to you, definitely check them out!

BozemanScience

Another cool YouTube series to keep in mind is BozemanScience. Paul Anderson, the man who runs the channel, has been a science teacher for over 20 years, so he knows what he is talking about. His videos include lots of graphs, drawings, and images that help the viewer understand the concepts as he discusses then. BozemanScience is great if you need help with Environmental Studies, Chemistry, or Biology. We know that those science tests can be really hard, and we’re sure that Anderson knows that too, so he is doing his part to make sure that we are a little bit more prepared.

ACDCLeadership

Last but not least is ACDCLeadership, which is a YouTube channel dedicated to anything and everything relating to economics. For those of you taking Macro or Micro, or any other Econ class, your prayers have been answered! These videos go over economics concepts one at a time so you can go through and pick the ones that you are struggling with. This channel is also great because it has entire videos dedicated to review questions that you can look at to start thinking about the final exam questions that you are going to have. We know that there are a lot of Econ majors out there so this guy will definitely help you out! I mean, look at him, he wants you to succeed!

We hope that you all do wonderfully on your finals and we that we have helped you find new material to study. Just think, one more week and you can relax for summer vacation! Think tanning and beaches and other adventures!! We believe in you!           

Jessica is a junior at Connecticut College, but she is originally from Massachusetts. She is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies with the the hope of pursuing a career in environmental communications. She loves poetry (especially Emily Dickinson), pop punk music, and her puppy Eli. 
Her Campus Conn Coll