Fiddleheads Providing Fresh Market Food Every Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

How many times have you wished you could run to the local grocery store and pick up some healthy food to have in your room when you didn’t feel like walking to Harris? Getting to the store isn’t always feasible for students who don’t have a car or time to get off campus. That’s no longer a problem! Fiddleheads, the local food market, will be coming to campus every Friday from 11am to 2pm in Cro near the ATM machines (convenient if you don’t have cash on hand!).

This project, started by Sybil Bullock ’14 with the help of the Office of Sustainability, is meant to promote awareness for buying local, organic produce and make people question exactly where their food comes from. Flyers are available every week, each one having educational info as well as a recipe to try out- last week was kale chips. There will be cooking demonstrations each week for the recipes as well (pick up a flyer for more info). Come by and ask questions!

This is Fiddleheads’ third week coming to campus, and there’s more to choose from each time. Last week they brought a huge variety of foods. Some of these foods were avocados, Medjool dates, kale, bagel chips, ramen, Brie cheese, greek yogurt, trail mix, raspberries, granola, and squash. Want something that hasn’t been offered? You can request certain foods at the table and there is a good chance you’ll see them the following week. Make sure to stop by this Friday!

Her Campus Conn Coll