Fashion Week Fall 2015 Most Noteworthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Some of the most noteworthy international designers showcased their up and coming lines for Fall 2015 during Fashion Week.  The industry’s best are paraded at this semi-annual event, each spring and fall.  Designers present the hottest colors and trends to the world at Fashion Week’s glamorous locations across the globe.  Here are a few the most buzz-worthy collections for the upcoming Fall 2015 season:

Ralph Lauren featured classic neutral colors that usually seem to dominate the fall season.  Beiges, blacks, and browns dominated the color scheme on the runway.  Pieces included: fur coats and accessories, long skirts and dresses, as well as sleek menswear suits.  And, who doesn’t love lots and lots of fall layering?

Dolce & Gabbana featured vibrant colors in the fall collection.  Their models walked down the runway in feminine and floral frocks.  The collection consists of beautiful and bold one-of-a-kind dresses for the season.  Dolce & Gabbana also added a heartwarming touch of maternity to their show, as several models were showcased with children also wearing the collection.

The Marc Jacobs collection included various patterns to stand out during the fall season.  Designs with incredible patterns and textures immediately make a statement for all admirers of the brand.  Many pieces included pencil or retro skirts with a modern and tasteful twist. 

The Oscar de la Renta line is chic and features bold colors, making quite the statement for fall collections.  The designs include beautiful patterns and textures structured in feminine and frilly elements.  Stunning coats, skirts, and dresses dominate the Fall 2015 collection. 

Fashion Week’s showcasing of the most outstanding designers across the world keeps the industry fresh and alive for each coming season. 

To view more collections from Fashion Week visit: http://www.nytimes.com/fashion/runway

Emily Arterbury, native Texan, studies economics and American history at Connecticut College.  In addition to Her Campus, she can be found in the gym playing for the women's volleyball team.  She also has an immense love for food and animals, an out-of-control coffee addiction, and enjoys staying up to date on the latest style trends.  
Her Campus Conn Coll