This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Most people mark September 23 as the first official day of fall for scientific reasons.  However, this is all wrong! The first day of fall SHOULD be indicated with those crisp days when you can pull out the vests in the back of your closet! It’s time to break out those trendy vests that are perfect for the transitional weather that no one ever knows how to dress for. Now that the cool weather is finally here to stay, enjoy some vests that are sure to spice up your fall (with or without your Starbucks PSL!).

Let’s start with the staple vests that you can’t go wrong with: 

Patagonia’s Los Gatos are the perfect neutral vests to break out early on.

Don’t be scared to add a pop of color with this J.Crew Excursion Quilted Down Vest!

Hunter Green is essential for the fall. This Barbour Quilted Vest will be sure to keep you warm. 

Adding a subtle print can go a long way with a vest. LADIES, this is the J.Crew Factory Herringone Vest  get it while you can! 

Faux Shearling Vests are some of the most desired fall items to have in your closet. 

These two can be found at Bloomies and Nordstrom!

If you are looking for a fancier look, try adding a fur vest to your outfit — works like a charm. 

Wear beige if you want to keep it a little more on the casual side but choose black if you want to look NYFW chic

Annie Clay

Conn Coll

Annie Clay is a junior at Connecticut College from Westchester, NY. She is majoring in Economics and enjoys reading the Wall Street Journal and watching re-runs of The Office. Annie loves starbucks coffee and going to spin class. 
Her Campus Conn Coll