Eight Eco-Friendly Nail Polishes You Need To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Eco-friendly products have made a steady incline into in our everyday lives. This is a great revolution that is changing the everyday products that we use and trash while saving the planet at the same time. One of the new revolutionary products that has taken the eco-friendly market by storm is eco-friendly nail polish. Currently, there are about eight different products.

RGB Cosmetics – $18: RGB Cosmetics has found a way to remove all of the harmful chemicals out of their nail polishes. Every product is cruelty free, gluten free, paraben free, and vegan. 

Butter London – Cost Varies: Butter London had first pioneered the “3 free” nail polish. The “3 free” means that it is free of dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde, and toluene. 

SpaRitual Nails – $12: SpaRitual Nails are vegan and formulated without DBP, toluene, formaldehyde, and formaldehyde resin. 

Priti NYC – $15: Priti NYC uses safe organic compounds and acids to formulate each one of its nail polishes.  

Karma Organic – $9.99: Karma Organic Nail Polishes have no toluene, formaldehyde or DBP. Also, the polish is safe for pregnant women, kids, cancer patients, and allergy sufferers. It is cruelty free and packaging is 100% recyclable. 

TenOverTen – $18: TenOverTen is a “5-free” nail polish so no DBP, toluene, formaldehyde resin, formaldehyde, or camphor toxins are found in the polish. Polishes are cruelty free, vegan and made in the United States as well. 

NCLA – $18: NCLA is a “5-free” nail polish that is 100% vegan, non-toxic, and not tested on animals. 

Zoya – $10: Zoya was the first to remove toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and DBP. The company demands quality and healthy natural ingredients for all of its products. 

All of these products are great for the environmentally conscious. While the nail polishes may be a little pricey, they are a great nail polish for any holiday or birthday wish list.

Samantha is a sophomore. She is majoring in Classics with a minor in Art History. She is an avid fiction writer and you can always find her stuck in a good book.
Her Campus Conn Coll