Do’s & Dont’s: transitioning your wardrobe for spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Spring is here ladies! The season we’ve all been waiting for and thought would never come has finally decided to make an appearance. In all the excitement it seems like the only sensible thing to do is rip out those floral prints and sandals. But, even though the sun is shining and the temps are hiking, those chilly mornings/evenings can put a damper on even the cutest spring outfits. Transitioning into a new season can be hard but it’s time to do some spring cleaning with your wardrobe using these Do’s and Don’ts. 

DO get your rain gear up to par and ready. Those arbitrary mid-morning downpours are everyone’s worst nightmare. With a cute pair of rain boots even the most unpredictable rain can’t ruin your day. 

DON’T wear your Bean Boots. It’s time to put those bad boys away and hope to see them only in the very far far away future. If you ever wonder if it’s ok to still be wearing them, ask yourself is there snow on the ground? If the answer is no… 

DO master the art of layering. There is nothing more frustrating than having full body goose-bumps one minute and sparkling (girls don’t sweat) from head to toe the next when you’re walking around campus in the blazing sun. The perfect jean jacket is a great staple that can solve any spring chills. 

DON’T keep those fur vests & jackets out. You can officially pack those away and wait until the cold (unfortunately) returns to rock them in season-appropriate style. 

DO pack a pair of sunglasses with you at all times. You never know when you’re going to be blinded by the rays. It’s been a long winter of dreary grey days, the sun needs some getting used to. 

DON’T expose too much skin just yet. We are just as eager that the best season ever is just around the corner but let’s not confuse spring with summer. It’s a bit presumptuous to be wearing shorts just yet. 

DO get enthusiastic about accessories. Be it a great scarf, a statement necklace or a fresh nail color, accessories are your go-to. Scarves are another great layering tool plus they can add a splash of color to any outfit. 

DON’T keep the all-black going. There’s not need to mourn the missing sun anymore, it’s back. Retire those all black outfits and swap your black jeans with a funky spring color pant. 

Julie is a junior at Connecticut College from Montclair, New Jersey studying dance and psychology. She loves to share her passion for food with friends and family and has been on a life long quest to find the world's best slice of pizza. In her free time, Julie enjoys yoga and hopes to one day become a certified yoga instructor. 
Her Campus Conn Coll