This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.
As we are getting into the home stretch of the semester, there is no question that these next couple of weeks will be very stressful. To keep you from getting too stressed out, take a break and be creative with your friends! Plan your own “crafternoon!” Here are some fun arts and crafts projects that are not only enjoyable but a good break from studying:

1. Collaging Boxes

Decorate a box that you will cherish forever! Collaging boxes are super fun especially when you make them with friends! Make one for a friend as a present for the holiday season!

What you need:
  • Pictures, magazine clippings, or (whatever you want to cover the box in)
  • An unfinished wooden box
  • A glue stick or any type of glue so your pictures or magazine clippings can stick to the box
  • Mod podge (help the items better stick as well as add a protective layer)
  • Some sort of paint brush (foam paint brushes work pretty well)
You can get most of these things at stores like Target and Walmart as well as craft stores.

An example of a finished product:

2. Ugly Socks

Goodbye ugly sweaters,  hello “ugly socks!” Make your own pair of ugly socks!

The “Real Ugly Socks” kit includes: 
  • 1 pair of socks
  • Various crafting supplies and glue

If you decide that you don’t want to buy the kit, but still want to make your own pair of ugly socks, simply buy a pair of socks from the store, or find old socks in your drawer that you wouldn’t mind decorating! 

3. Decorating a Mason Jar 

From holding drinks to makeup,  Mason jars are very practical and popular these days! There are so many ways to decorate Mason jars! If you want to get really artsy, make an “Piet Mondrian” inspired Mason jar!

What you need:
  • A Mason jar
  • Stain glass paint 

For more info and specifics on how to make it: http://masonjarcraftslove.com/mondrian-mason-jars/

For other fun Mason jar projects check out this blog!: http://masonjarcraftslove.com

Hallie is a Junior who enjoys writing for Conn Coll’s Her Campus chapter! Not only does she love the fact that she shares the same initials as Her Campus (HCXO!), but she loves being part of the Her Campus Conn Coll community, as well as having the opportunity of integrating her passion for photography, journalism, and pop culture throughout her posts. She is currently on the executive board of Her Campus Conn Coll and manages the twitter account.
Her Campus Conn Coll