This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Dating these days can be as easy, and as a simple, as swiping on our mobile devices.  With their growing popularity, we are bombarded with different kinds of apps.  Tinder! Hinge! Or wait… Bumble!!  But which one of these is actually the best?  They are  all similar at the end of the day, but they do each possess their own quirks and characteristics.  Dating apps are filled with people seeking a wide variety of things whether it is dating, a fling or a potential relationship (it happens!).  We looked at some of the most popular dating apps and compared what they each have to offer.

Tinder is the most well-known dating app, so if you get a Tinder account, your pool of potential matches will be larger in comparison to the other apps.  You can even expand your distance radius up to 100 miles, which totally maximizes your chances of finding the match of your dreams.  You can select photos of yourself either from Facebook or your camera roll to showcase on your profile. 

Like Tinder, Hinge is linked with your Facebook account, but there is a twist!  You have 24 hours to initiate a conversation with your Hinge match, otherwise your connection disappears.  Once you interacted, you only get 14 days to exchange numbers or else your match will also disappear.   Hinge will really keep you on your toes and get the ball rolling with your matches!  

Bumble is another Facebook linked dating app but this one gives the power to us ladies.  Once you make a connection, you have 24 hours to initiate a conversation.  If your match is about to expire and he finds you extra special, he can extend the time that you have to say hi (he only gets one of these opportunities a day!).   A plus with Bumble is that you no longer have to encounter creepy pick-up lines that can sometimes be thrown around on Tinder and Hinge. 

So what is your dating app of choice?  It really all comes down to personal preference, and at the end of the day, all that matters is that you have some great matches.  Keep swiping ladies! 

Emily Morgan is a junior at Connecticut College.  She is studying international relations and loves to write for HerCampus.  She can be found either playing viola in the orchestra or dancing in the dance studio.  
Her Campus Conn Coll