Connecticut College Women’s Empowerment Initiative

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

The Connecticut College Women’s Empowerment Initiative produces a show that represents women across race, class, and sexual orientation through unique and unifying voices. Over the past thirteen years the women of Connecticut College have participated in Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues. The Vagina Monologues is an official production, we couldn’t use bits and pieces: it was all or nothing. After discussions with the community, and the women in the show, the women of Connecticut College decided that we wanted more inclusive content because a variety of experiences were not articulated through the monologues. To replace Ensler’s show the Women of Connecticut College have created the Women’s Empowerment Initiative, a show written, created, performed, and produced by the women of Connecticut College. Each monologue is a piece of a woman at Connecticut College who has chosen to share her story and experience with those around her.

The production takes place this Saturday February 20th at 2pm and 7pm. Please do come out listen to the meaningful words written by Connecticut College women, and support the women sharing these monologues.

Ari F

Conn Coll '16

N/A
Her Campus Conn Coll