Campus Cuties: Annie and Cathy Higgins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie twins: Annie and Cathy Higgins! This duo shared with us their ideal dates, what they look for in a significant other, and their favorite (and least favorite) part of having a twin. Given that they have lived together their whole lives, you probably will not be surprised by the similarity in their answers to our questions. Sneak peak: they both love having two wardrobes. 

(Left: Annie, Right: Cathy)

Class Year:

Annie: 2017

Cathy: 2017

Hometown:

Annie: West Hartford, Connecticut

Cathy: West Hartford, Connecticut

Major/Minor:

Annie: Psychology major

Cathy: Psychology major

Extracurricular activities:

Annie: Women’s Soccer Team

Cathy: Women’s Soccer Team

How do you like having a twin? Have you always gotten along with each other?

Annie: I do like having a twin because I always have a friend to hang out with. We both have similar styles, which allows for a double wardrobe. We have always gotten along with each other!

Cathy: I love it! She is my best friend, but we do fight occasionally about sharing things.

What is your favorite part about going to college with your twin?

Annie: My favorite part is that I have always had an automatic friend and someone to go to when I needed advice.

Cathy: My favorite part is my wardrobe doubles.  

What about you least favorite part?

Annie: When people say, “Do you guys room together” or when people make a comment about us following each other to the same school

Cathy: Having to decide who has the car on campus  

What is your favorite part about being on the Women’s Soccer Team?

Annie: It’s nice to have different groups of friends and just the aspect of being on a team is always fun

Cathy: Getting to hang out with my teammates everyday

Celeb Crush:

Annie: Ryan Reynolds, but Joshua Bowman is a close second

Cathy: Joshua Bowman

Relationship status:

Annie: In a relationship

Cathy: Single ready to mingle

Describe your ideal date:

Annie: An ideal date would be going to a nice dinner and then going out after with all of our friends.

Cathy: My ideal date I’d say would be going out to a really nice restaurant then watching the sunset at the beach.

What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

Annie: Someone who makes me laugh and who is down to earth

Cathy: Definitely a funny sense of humor

Spirit animal:

Annie: Elephant

Cathy: Giraffe

Guilty pleasure:

Annie: Singing in the car

Cathy: Any kind of cheese

Party anthem:

Annie: “My House” Flo Rida

Cathy: “Too Bad” by IshDarr

Personal motto:

Annie: Always stay positive

Cathy: Think, Do, Get

Favorite place on campus:

Annie: Tempel Green

Cathy: Tempel Green

Best Harris creation?

Annie: Turkey, pepperoni, cheese, honey mustard, lettuce and tomato Panini on a hard roll

Cathy: Rice cake topped with peanut butter and chia seeds

How do you feel about being Campus Cuties?

Annie: Thanks for the nomination!

Cathy: So flattered!

Danielle Kaplan is a senior from from Westwood, MA, studying economics and dance at Connecticut College. She is the in-house designer and Instagram contributor for Her Campus Conn Coll. In addition to Her Campus, Danielle spends most of her time rehearsing for several on-campus dance performances. Following graduation, she hopes to work for a non-profit organization related to incarceration and/or at-risk youth. But most of all, Danielle's true passions lie in avocados, dark chocolate, and cereal.
Her Campus Conn Coll