Campus Cutie: Zuri Pavlin!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.
Meet Zuri Pavlin! This week’s Campus Cutie is a freshman on the Connecticut College Men’s Basketball Team. Already setting records on the court, Zuri is sure to bring Conn success (and laughs) over the next three years. We found details on everything from his pregame rituals to his biggest celebrity crush!

Major/Minor: Undecided

Year: 2017

Dorm: KB

Extracurricular Activities: Basketball

Relationship Status: Taken

Do you have any pregame rituals?

I sometimes take long bubble baths before a game. I also like to write and read poetry out loud.

How long have you been playing basketball? What are your goals for the rest of your basketball career?

I’ve been playing basketball for basically my whole entire life, but I didn’t get serious about it until I was around 12 years old. My goals are to win a NESCAC championship and to make a Division III NCAA tournament appearance.

Besides playing basketball, what other things do you do on campus?

I go to math tutoring. I like to focus on my academics in my free time by reading books for fun and writing about my feelings.

What is your favorite and least favorite thing about playing basketball for Conn?

My favorite thing about playing basketball here is the feeling of being part of a team and working with a group of guys towards a common goal. My least favorite thing is the long bus rides because I’m prone to gnarly leg cramps.

Tell us about the record you set this season.

I broke the single-season rebound record and led the NESCAC in rebounding this year. The record was standing for more than 30 years, so it was definitely a great accomplishment, but I care more about winning and my team’s overall success.

What is your favorite professional basketball team? Favorite player?

My favorite basketball team is the New York Knicks and my favorite player is J.R. Smith who plays for them.

If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?

I would travel to all of the world’s greatest water parks. I think that’s it, I really enjoy water parks.

What is your most embarrassing moment at Conn so far?

Does it have to be appropriate? Okay. Let me think. I can’t think of anything, never mind.

Dream job?

My dream job would be to become a professional painter and to paint cats. Preferably, cats.

Celebrity crush?

Beyonce. Easy.

How do you feel about being campus cutie?

Oh, it’s truly an honor. I knew it would happen someday, but I didn’t think it would happen this quickly. I’d like to thank the entire Campus Cutie Committee for the nomination. I’m honored to join the fabulous group of Campus Cuties who have gone before me. 

Her Campus Conn Coll