Campus Cutie: Ryan Dillon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Looking for a cutie who is active in campus clubs, in cultural affairs, and in the gym? Meet Ryan Dillon–he’s your guy. From starting his own fitness empire at Conn to hanging out with REAL camels abroad, Ryan is sure impress anyone who reads his fascinating interview. Enjoy!

Class Year: 2013 

Hometown: Boxford, MA

Major: International Relations and Economics

Relationship Status: Single

Extra Curricular Activities: TEDx Connecticut College, Connfit, Yalla Binna, Club Hockey

We hear you’re quite the gym rat— tell us about your experience with ConnFit? 

It has been a lot of fun. Everyone (especially the ladies) should come down and check it out. 

How would you describe your perfect date?

It would probably start with a partner metcon (workout) at the cross fit gym followed by a walk through Whole Foods. If all goes well, maybe end the date watching the Notebook and being spoon fed almond butter. 

What has been your most coveted memory at Conn thus far?

Watching my dad get kicked out of the coast guard club hockey game (beer in hand). 

How was your experience studying abroad?

I rode some camels, hunted rabbits with the Jordanian Bedouin, and was almost married off a few times…so all in all pretty average.

What did your CISLA project entail?

You asked for it…In short, I am trying to understand how the institutional legacy of Saddam Hussein’s authoritative rule will affect the foreign policy decisions of Iraq as it moves toward democracy.

We also hear you helped created the Yalla Bina Arabic Club here at Conn. What has that experience been like for you?

I have enjoyed watching the club grow since freshman year. Best of all it has given me an excuse to eat a lot of good Middle Eastern food. 

If you were to use your Arabic to “woo the ladies,” what would pick up line would you use?

Anti akthar jameelan min jamalee (You are more beautiful than my camel.)

What do you hope to do after you graduate?

Tough question… Next please. 

How does it feel to be nominated as Campus Cutie?

Flattered. Gives me motivation to crossfit. 

Her Campus Conn Coll