Campus Cutie: Matt Hyszczak

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet Matt! He’s a sophmore at Conn and when he’s not working out his calves as a tour guide, he is always dressed to impress in the preppiest duds! We got the scoop about Matt’s most embarrassing moment as being a tour guide, what he wants to do after college, and what his dream date would be! You’ll be sure to fall for this preppy charmer! 

Name: Matt Hyszczak 

Year: Class of 2016

Hometown: Andover, Massachusetts

Major: Psychology

Activities on Campus: Tour Guide and Golf Club

Relationship Status: Single

How has it been being a tour guide?

It’s been a lot of fun! I love showing off the school I go to and all of the ins and out of the campus. Especially when I’m talking on the tour and I see a kid light up with excitement and I just know that they just got that feeling that this is the school they are going to go to. I had a great tour guide when I came on a visit and it 100% had a huge impact on my decision.

What’s the greatest thing about Conn that you’ve learned about while being a tour guide?

All the minute details about the school have been really cool to find out because I would never think about them until someone asks them on a tour. By far the coolest (and the most varied) story is why we are the only college in the United States to be the Camels.

What’s the most awkward question you have gotten?

Easily about the co-ed bathrooms. It’s understandable, but it’s also not that big of a deal. I came from an all guys high school, so girls in general was a new thing, let alone sharing a bathroom with them, so my parents first question was “what are the co-ed bathrooms like?”.

Whats the most embarrassing moment you’ve have on a tour?

Probably the multiple times I’ve fallen down on tours on the steps between Bill and Fanning or when I hit my head on the stop sign outside of Olin. So, essentially whenever I got hurt mid-tour.

Now for some fun questions!!

What’s your dream job?

I want to work in a lab doing research on concussions and their effect on long-term memory and working with major sports leagues to make the games safer.

Dream celebrity date?

Anna Kendrick. Hands down. Goddess among women.

Life motto:

“Remember kid, there’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you’ll never go wrong.” – The Babe, The Sandlot

Guilty pleasure?

I’m always down for a good romantic comedy.

Favorite food?

Anything cooked by Mama Hyszczak. That woman can cook!

If you could take anyone on a date, where on the Conn campus would you take them and what would you do?

I mean, the easy answer is a picnic in the arbo with some tunes and food. Essentially picture the L.L. Bean catalogue, but with food.

How do you feel about being campus cutie?

Honestly, I feel very honored. I’ll do my best not to let it go to my head.

Her Campus Conn Coll