Campus Cutie: Kadeem McCarthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Like a guy who can sing? Then this island boy might be the guy for you! I mean, who doesn’t like long walks on the beach during sunset? This Co Co Beaux has an outgoing and friendly personality. Best of all ladies, he’s single! So come see what this campus cutie has to say…

Year: 2015
Hometown: Nantucket, MA
Major: Theater
Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words:
Outgoing, friendly, and positive.

Extracurriculars:
If it weren’t for Co Co Beaux this question would make me feel terrible about myself…

Favorite song:
Right now I can’t stop listening to “Big Jet Plane” by Angus and Julia Stone.

Favorite TV show:
I can watch Chopped for hours and hours.

Favorite food:
I love breakfast food – I’ll take waffles, eggs, and/or cereal any time of day.

What do you look for in a girl?
She’s gotta be able to chill HARD and can’t require my attention all the time.

Describe your perfect first date:
It must involve dinner (I love a girl that loves to eat). And is a walk on the beach during
sunset too cliché? I’m an island boy those are my simple pleasures.

Dream job:
Ideally, I’d be a stay-at-home dad and do a little theater on the side. But I’ll have to keep
dreaming or marry rich…

Most embarrassing moment?
I went ‘sledding’ on my back down the entire set of bleachers at the Homecoming game
my junior year in high school. It hurt like hell and I was embarrassed as hell but all my
friends say that it looked f-ing sweet.

If your life was a movie, which celebrity would play you and why?
Denzel Washington of course. He’s a good looking guy and I’m campus cutie – it just
makes sense.

If you were a superhero, which one would you be?
I think I’d have to be Thor because he’s not only a superhero but a god which just
makes it that much more awesome that he kicks ass!

How do you feel about being this week’s Campus Cutie?
It’s pretty righteous, but surprising since I’m currently in need of a haircut. Maybe this is
good reason to keep the fro ragin’ on.
Danielle is a sophomore at Connecticut College and is currently pursuing a double-major in International Relations and Middle Eastern Studies. Danielle began writing for the Connecticut College branch of Her Campus in the fall of 2011 and will continue to write this year as Editor and Campus Correspondent. Danielle has traveled all over the world and continues her love for other cultures and languages through her studies. Besides traveling, she loves to sing and dance - especially as a member of Miss Connduct, an all-female A capella group at Connecticut College. In general, Danielle loves sushi, goats, traveling, and Star Wars/Lord of the Rings. She is thrilled to be working with Her Campus this year!