Campus Cutie: John Lyons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

After scoring his 100th collegiate point for the Men’s Lacrosse Team, it’s hard for senior John Lyons to go unnoticed. Aside from his successes on the field, Lyons is an extremely handsome guy with a great sense of humor. On top of those traits he witholds the one virtue most girls would die for -wait for it- loyalty. Girls contemplating going blonde for the summer, you may want to reconsider- because this guy is into brunnettes. #25 on the field but #1 in our hearts: proudly presenting this week’s Campus Cutie.

Hometown: Barrington, RI

Class Year: 2013
Major: Economics

Relationship Status: Single

Extracurricular Activities: Golf, Boating, Lacrosse

Congratulations on your 100th collegiate goal in your last regular season game against Hamilton! What does it feel like to have achieved such success? Thank you.  It feels good, but a NESCAC Championship would feel about 100 times better.

What are your thoughts and feelings as you’re about to face Tufts in the semifinal round of the NESCAC Championship this coming Saturday? Feeling grateful for the opportunity to keep playing, and focused on doing everything I can to help keep our success going.  We’re confident and looking forward to competing for the programs first-ever championship.

How/When did you start playing lacrosse? I made the switch over from baseball in 7th grade because all my friends were playing and it looked more fun than baseball – I’m glad I did.

Favorite pre-game song? Not sure I have one…I usually let Pandora DJ for me.  Now if we’re talking post-game, Taylor swift – “22”.

Describe yourself in three words:  Funny, motivated, loyal

What do you look for in a girl? Smart, active, and a good-sense of humor

If you could be anyone, who would you be? That’s a tough one…maybe Rickie Fowler.  Young, good-looking kid living the dream traveling the world playing golf for a living.  I think I could get used to that lifestyle.

Ideal Date? Sunset dinner out on the boat.

Favorite Movie Quote: “Life moves pretty fast.  If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it” – Ferris Bueller

Blondes or Brunettes? Brunette

Celebrity Crush: Kate Beckinsale

Most embarrassing moment at Conn: Going to class after my roommates showed my professor a picture of me resting after a ridiculously long 21st birthday (think shirtless and a trash-can).

What are your plans for after graduation? Heading to Vegas with some friends to enjoy my last days of freedom before moving to New York to join the corporate world.

What do you think you’ll be missing the most from Connecticut College? It’s a 3-way tie for this one: Kamp Dog, the people, and the close proximity to Mohegan sun.  Missing the least—Harris.

Life Motto: Came up with this one this year but it has stuck – “stay humble, stay hungry”

Her Campus Conn Coll