Campus Celebrity: Molly Tuohy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity: Molly Tuohy! When she’s not busy striving to better the Class of 2017 as its President, you can find her practicing her Spanish for her upcoming trip abroad or watching Seinfeld — if she ever has the time. Read on to find out more about this incredibly motivated student as well as her ability to dance like J. Lo! 

Class Year: 2017

Hometown: New York City

Majors: Psychology and Hispanic Studies

Academic Center: CISLA Scholar

Extracurricular Activities: President of the Class of 2017, Honor Council Representative, Floor Governor of Freeman, Phonathon Caller, SAC Finance Committee

Can you tell us a bit more about CISLA. Do you plan to pursue aspects of this academic center in your career? 

CISLA allows students to internationalize their major, providing students the amazing opportunity to make global connections. Thanks to CISLA, I will have an internship in Spain this summer! I’m counting down the days. I won’t go into the details of my project now (it’s pretty confusing), but I can definitely see how my CISLA project may influence my career — please excuse the vagueness.

What made you run for such big positions on campus such as the President of the Class of 2017 and for the Honor Council? 

I love power. Just kidding… I love being involved (if you couldn’t tell) and I wanted to be a representative voice for the students. Also, the students I have met and worked with through being Class President and acting on Honor Council have given me such joy. I knew these positions would lead to friendships that I might not have made otherwise. I feel like I could go on, but I don’t think people will want to read an essay.

You are so involved on campus. How are you able to manage your time?

I sleep a maximum of five hours a week… I mean night! I actually really enjoy being busy and having a dense schedule. Being involved on campus keeps me motivated and somewhat more organized because I have to GET S**T DONE.

Favorite Spot on Campus: My bed. It’s soft. It’s fluffy. I never want to leave it.

Embarrassing Camel Moment: I really hope this doesn’t jog people’s memory, but I’ll relive the embarrassment for the sake of this article. During first year orientation, a hypnotist came to Conn. I volunteered to go on stage and ended up being hypnotized to dance like J. Lo, which I proceeded to do TWICE. Don’t ask around for videos—I destroyed them all.

Favorite Book: This is tough…too many to name. I recently read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and it was fabulous.

Favorite TV Show: Seinfeld will always be number one in my heart. My mom loves to recount a story about how I once told her I had a nightmare that she wouldn’t let me watch Seinfeld. I was only four years old. I clearly had my priorities straight.

Favorite Food: Carbs.

Personal Motto: Everything happens for a reason and it all works out in the end.

Anything else you would like to share?

I have a dog named Tiny Boo that I refer to frequently.

How do you feel about being Campus Celebrity?

A little nervous. Now I have to worry about paparazzi, right?
Alex Kruck

Conn Coll

Alex Kruck, a junior at Connecticut College, is from Boxford, Ma. She is studying Economics and Photography. In addition to Her Campus, Alex is a member of Conn's Relay for Life Committee, which raises awareness and money for the American Cancer Society.  
Her Campus Conn Coll