Campus Celebrity: Eilis Klein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity: Eilis Klein! When she’s not working at the Children’s Center or Hearing Youth Voice in New London, you might find her reading or watching the Food Network. We dug deeper and found out some more of her interests (Hint: Jackson 5!). Read on to get to know this incredible Camel!

Class Year:  2017

Hometown: Scarsdale, NY

Major: Human Development

Minor: Psychology

Extracurricular Activities: PICA (which means I work in placements… right now that’s the Children’s Program and Hearing Youth Voices in New London (which is awesome you should check it out))…that’s it I’m lazy

Are you interested in pursuing any aspects of the work you do in PICA?

I love PICA so much. It has made me a better and smarter human being, and I will bring what I have learned into PICA into my professional life and personal value systems in my adult life.

If you could get dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Michael Jackson doesss come to mind first. I know that’s weird, but I just love him and the Jackson 5 so much that I would love to see him perform and would probably ask him to perform at dinner. Otherwise, equally weird, would be Louisa May Alcott, who wrote the book Little Women which is my favorite book. She is a badass woman for writing it, especially because it was written a long time ago and has super strong female characters.

Embarrassing Camel Moment: I have only had an amazing camel moment: I beat approximately a million people at rock, paper, scissors during orientation freshman year.

OH I thought of one which was freshman year: My freshman seminar professor was Professor Downs, and I walked into his class (a 9am) 5 minutes late in a full sweatsuit as he was giving a little speech about how appearance and impressions are key and you should never ever be late and always at least get out of your comfy pajama-y clothes.

Personal Motto: It will all be okay in the end, if it’s not ok it’s not the end.

OR

“What could be more important than a little something to eat” – quote by Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Conn Professor: Professor Dunlap

Favorite Food: Pasta

Favorite Book: Little Women (oldie), You and Me (newer)

Favorite TV show: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives / anything on the food network except Chopped

How do you feel about being this week’s Campus Celebrity?

Amazing, it feels great to get the recognition I deserve (sarcasm). I’m flattered!

Alex Kruck

Conn Coll

Alex Kruck, a junior at Connecticut College, is from Boxford, Ma. She is studying Economics and Photography. In addition to Her Campus, Alex is a member of Conn's Relay for Life Committee, which raises awareness and money for the American Cancer Society.  
Her Campus Conn Coll