This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celeb: senior Zakiya Thomas. You might recognize Zakiya from her lovely smile as she rings you up at the bookstore or maybe you’ve heard her having Beyonce and Jay-Z jam sessions in her dorm room. Either way, she is anything but a wallflower, this week’s Campus Celeb does it all!

Class Year:  2015

Hometown:  New Lo (New London, CT)

Major: Neuroscience

Extracurricular activities: Admissions Ambassador, Favorite Bookstore Employee, Barista, PICA

Celeb Crush: Trey Songz

Band you’re jamming to right now: Do Beyonce and Jay Z count??

Favorite Spot on Campus: Jazzman’s — anywhere that serves coffee

Favorite Food: The entire Slice Pizza menu

What was one of your favorite projects you’ve done at Conn? Working on the walk for the homeless in my PICA course.

Favorite spot off campus? Various establishments on Bank Street now that I’m legal

Favorite weekend activity: Beyonce sing-alongs with friends

We heard you worked at a hospital last summer, can you tell us about that? What was the craziest experience you had there?

I was walking out of the hospital and some lady got hit by a cab. The emergency staff ran out very promptly to assist her and commented to me how common it is for that to happen; I made sure to never jaywalk after that.

Personal Motto: Own Your Sh*t

In five years you hope to be…? Finished with nursing school and starting my own women’s health clinic/star of The Real Housewives of New York City.

What is the biggest life lesson you’ve learned at Conn so far? To count ten before I get cray.

How do you feel about being Campus Celebrity? Im am so SHOCKEDDDDDD and flattered that people love me as much as I love me.

Fun fact? I’m the best private investigator, if you need one just find me.

Sophie Furman is a current senior at Conn Coll majoring in Sociology and interested in the fashion industry. 
Her Campus Conn Coll