Camel of the Week: Shaniqua Shaw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Meet this Camel of the Week, Saniqua Shaw!  Shaniqua is involved in many aspects of the College, from playing a varsity sport to holding class, floor, and club leadership positions. Read on to learn more about the most interesting food she’s ever eaten (it’s pretty shocking), her celeb crush, and the work she did in her Sophomore Research Seminar in the fall!

Class Year: 2018

Hometown: Worcester, MA

Major: International Relations

Minor: Hispanic Studies

Extracurricular activities: Women’s Basketball, Vice President of the Class of 2018, Sophomore Representative of UMOJA, member of the CC Law Society, floor representative

How do you feel about being Campus Camel of the Week? I am honored! I think it is awesome that Her Campus Conn Coll recognizes involved and hardworking students.

Celeb Crush: Drake… I also have an unhealthy obsession with Beyoncé!

Relationship status: Single as a dollar bill!

Describe your ideal date: Anything that is adventurous and is NOT cliché.

What qualities do you look for in a significant other? Since the thing I find most attractive in an individual is intelligence, being able to have a deep intellectual conversation is a major quality. Some other qualities I find attractive are ambition and a great sense of humor.

Favorite place on campus: The library… LOL

Favorite food: Shrimp!

What is the most interesting food you’ve ever eaten? The tail of a cow.

Do you have a favorite class or professor at Conn? My favorite class is the Sophomore Research Seminar I took this fall because I was able to perform independent research on Immigration Policies. The professor who taught the class, Prof. Leo Garofalo, is also my favorite professor.

Do you have an embarrassing Camel moment? Yes, after returning from a break freshman year, I hugged my roommate a little too hard and we fell on the ground in front of the mail room in Cro in front of everyone outside of the Cro dance.

Favorite book, movie, and/or TV show: My favorite book is The Fault in Our Starts, My favorite movies are Columbiana and Love and Basketball, and my favorite TV show is Scandal!

Personal motto: Feelin’ good livin’ better.

Carolyn Cross is a junior at Connecticut College and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the fall! She is a Sociology major and a Psychology minor. She also plays club soccer and is in Habitat for Humanity at Conn.
Her Campus Conn Coll