Bring the Museum to You: Artsy Posters to Decorate your Room!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Dorm walls can be really plain, drab, and all-together boring. You can spice up your dorm room’s walls and turn it from drab to fab with some beautiful and affordable art prints! Amazon.com is the average broke college student’s dream location for shopping for dorm decorations. Here are some posters you can find on Amazon all for less than $10! Who could beat that?

1. Vincent van Gogh’s Starry Night

Your dorm room might not have the best view in the world but with this Starry Night poster you can have a magnificent view of a beautiful night sky every night when you go to sleep. Whether your bed faces a window or a brick wall, for only $4.08, you can have a priceless view! Get it here!

2. Claude Monet’s Water Lilies

The calm beauty of the water lilies on the pond could be a pretty and tranquil addition to any dorm room. This picturesque nature scene is totally worth the $2.82 that is costs and will definitely make your room more peaceful. You can find it here!

3. Andy Warhol’s Marilyn Monroe

If pop culture art is more of your thing, you can get this awesome Marilyn Monroe print for the low price of $8.50. This colorful poster will undoubtedly brighten up your room and your day! You can find it here.

4. Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa

Sometimes you want to just stick to the timeless classics that anyone can recognize. The Mona Lisa and her mysterious smile may reside in the Louvre, but for only $6.03, you can bring the portrait into your own room, basically making your room a famous art museum. Buy it here

5. Katsushika Hokusai’s The Great Wave off Kanagawa

Despite its daunting appearance, there is a kind of beauty and serenity found in The Great Wave off Kanagawa. If you are an ocean lover who is missing the waves and the beach, this print should help you remember your love for the water. Bring the ocean to you for $4.56 here!

6. Pierre August Renoir’s Geraniums and Cats

Attention cat lovers and flower lovers out there! You will surely love this adorable print of some kittens dozing in front of some beautiful flowers. For only $6.99, you can pretend that your own cat is with you in your room (even if pets sadly are not allowed). You can get it here!

7. Vincent van Gogh’s Cafe Terrace at Night

To end, here is another gorgeous van Gogh painting of a moonlit cafe. When you start to feel a little trapped on campus, you can look at this poster and pretend you’re at a cute little cafe anywhere in the world. A $2.47 poster can remind you to travel the world when you have the oppurtunity. Get this reminder here!

With some (or all) of these posters hanging in your room, your boring dorm room will undergo a metamorphosis into a beautiful pseudo art museum. Why pay a ton of money for admission into an art museum when you can find the very same paintings right in your room?!

Jessica is a junior at Connecticut College, but she is originally from Massachusetts. She is double majoring in English and Environmental Studies with the the hope of pursuing a career in environmental communications. She loves poetry (especially Emily Dickinson), pop punk music, and her puppy Eli. 
Her Campus Conn Coll