It has almost been a week since last Sunday’s Oscar ceremonies, which has given me time to resonate about the best and worst dressed. Overall, I didn’t think that the red carpet show was particularly exciting; a let down from the amazing looks from last year. Everyone managed to look pretty boring, which was surprising after a year of red carpet hits. However, here is a list of the several ladies that managed to pull it together, and those who unfortunetely, did not.
1. Octavia Spencer – This was definitely the best look on the red carpet as this Tadashi Shoji sequined gown came together in all the right places.
2. Gwenyth Paltrow – Paltrow looked statuesque in her white Tom Ford dress. And I’m pretty sure that she is the only person that can pull off a cape on the red carpet.
3. Angelina Jolie – I don’t think anyone will forget Jolie’s leg at the Oscars, but she looked amazing in her black Versace gown. If only Brad Pitt would cut his hair.
4. Jessica Chastain – “The Help” star looked amazing in this Alexander McQueen dress. I loved the gold detailing that was reminiscent of the Renaissance.
5. Michelle Williams – A lot of people are mixed about this dress but I loved it. The coral color added color to the otherwise neutral red carpet and I really liked the peplum waist.
1. Natalie Portman – The shape of this Dior dress was flattering, however, I’m not sure why anyone would choose to wear polka-dots to the Oscars.
2. Emma Stone – Emma always looks amazing but I was disappointed by this Giambattista Valli dress. The large bow at the neck was too overwhelming and the shape of the dress was unflattering.
3. Shailene Woodley – I’m not sure what I think is wrong with this. The shape is flattering and I like the long sleeves but I think the cut-outs looked awkward and the braided-looking section running down the middle was off.
4. Sandra Bullock – This Marchesa dress was an awkward shape and I didn’t like how it was half black, half white.