Alone on Valentine’s Day? Throw a Solo Dance Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Valentine’s Day is really fun when you are in a relationship. It’s an excuse to brace the cold February weather for a fun date, eat lots of chocolate, and spend time with the people you love. But somehow, we have yet to figure out how to make Valentine’s Day fun for everyone, regardless of their relationship status. So for a lot of us, the fourteenth is probably just going to be a normal Monday. But, I am here to say stop hiding in the shadows this Valentine’s Day just because you’re not coupled up! Buy yourself candy! Put out the heart-shaped decorations! Throw yourself a dance party!

Solo dance parties are my favorite pick me ups. There is nothing better than locking the door, putting the lights on party mode, and dancing and jumping around my dorm like an idiot. It’s a great mood boost and fun exercise! And, with the right playlist, your dance party can turn Valentine’s Day into something that is all about you. Because, let’s be honest, you deserve more than just another Monday. 

This is my “Happily Single On 2/14” playlist filled with excellent tracks that are equally danceable and empowering. Each embraces the message of being single and being (for the most part) happy about that. They are all about saying “I don’t need anyone around to make my own fun.” And I think this is exactly the kind of energy we need to have a good time on Valentine’s Day, this year and every year. 

1. Solo by Carly Rae Jepsen
  2. Soulmate by Lizzo
  3. Happiness by Little Mix
  4. SUPERBLOOM by Misterwives
  5. Alone Sometimes by The Mowgli’s
  6. Party For One by Carly Rae Jepsen
  7. Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld
  8. Roses by The Band Camino
Caitlin Boyd

Conn Coll '24

Caitlin Boyd is a junior at Connecticut College studying neuroscience. She loves writing everything from book recs, to music reviews, to campus life experiences! If you see Caitlin around Conn, she is probably looking fascinated by the campus squirrels.