All the Single Ladies!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Who says you can’t have fun on Valentine’s Day? Valentine’s Day is not just for couples. Here’s a list of fun things to do on Valentine’s Day if you’re single!

Movie Marathon Get a group of friends together and watch your favorite movies. Get creative with it and have a themed movie night, whether its John Hughes movies or the Twilight series. Or if you want to be by yourself, spend the night with your ultimate celebrity crush Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, you name it! Whatever you choose, make sure you have plenty of snacks!

Secret Admirer Like Secret Santa, you and a group of friends draw names and then deliver small gifts like chocolates, flowers, or teddy bears to each other. That way you’re still in the holiday spirit and everyone has a valentine!

Treat Yourself Instead of spending money on a gift for that special someone, treat yourself! Buy that dress you’ve been wanting or a box of delicious chocolates. You have the luxury of getting yourself a Valentine’s Day present.

Exercise Channel your negative Valentine’s Day energy and put it to some good use. Take a yoga class or go for a run. Just think bikini season is just around the corner!

Watch a Scary Movie with Friends Watching romantic movies on Valentine’s Day when you’re single is kind of depressing, so get together with friends and watch a scary movie. 

Throw a Valentine’s Day Party Surround yourself with other single people. Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you have to be alone, plus it’s a great way to meet new people!

Get Ahead in Work I know it sounds depressing but come mid-terms you will be happy you stayed in and got work done.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

Danielle is a sophomore at Connecticut College and is currently pursuing a double-major in International Relations and Middle Eastern Studies. Danielle began writing for the Connecticut College branch of Her Campus in the fall of 2011 and will continue to write this year as Editor and Campus Correspondent. Danielle has traveled all over the world and continues her love for other cultures and languages through her studies. Besides traveling, she loves to sing and dance - especially as a member of Miss Connduct, an all-female A capella group at Connecticut College. In general, Danielle loves sushi, goats, traveling, and Star Wars/Lord of the Rings. She is thrilled to be working with Her Campus this year!