The 9 Stages of Passover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

The long, difficult days of bread-less Passover do not always turn out how we expect… so here are the nine stages of Passover, as told by HC Conn Coll! 

Dreading the diet (and carbo-loading in preparation) 

Being optimistic about the cleanse and vowing to take advantage of this forced diet to be healthy 

Eating lots of salad…and then matzo with peanut butter and any other topping you can imagine 

…And then becoming extremely sick of matzo 

Remembering that chocolate matzo brittle is a thing (and so are Kosher for P macaroons)

Not being able to get pizza from the student center on a Saturday night (maybe one bite won’t hurt?)  

And simply craving a sandwich with ACTUAL BREAD

Realizing that, at the end of the week, this was not the cleanse you were hoping for 

But still eating way too much bread at the end of the strenuous week 

Danielle Kaplan is a senior from from Westwood, MA, studying economics and dance at Connecticut College. She is the in-house designer and Instagram contributor for Her Campus Conn Coll. In addition to Her Campus, Danielle spends most of her time rehearsing for several on-campus dance performances. Following graduation, she hopes to work for a non-profit organization related to incarceration and/or at-risk youth. But most of all, Danielle's true passions lie in avocados, dark chocolate, and cereal.
Her Campus Conn Coll