This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Winter break is right around the corner and one of the best parts of the holidays is home-cooked food. Christmas (or Hanukah or Kwanzaa) is the perfect excuse to treat yourself to some new, delicious recipes. Here are some scrumptious sugary suggestions to help you celebrate this holiday season!

Sugar Cookies

This simple treat is always a crowd-pleaser and easy to make (and eat)! Try adding cinnamon and nutmeg if you feel like spicing them up!

Gluten Free Gingerbread People

This holiday classic just got better; whether you’re gluten-intolerant or are just looking for something (a tiny bit) healthier, you don’t want to miss out on this wintery tradition!

Butter Toffee

This crunchy delicacy is sure to make you reach for more (and then brush your teeth for ten minutes)! What’s better than sugar and butter!? You can also get creative and add coffee beans, toasted coconut, pretzel, or almonds!

Jelly Doughnuts

Don’t miss out on this traditional Hanukah dessert! Try currant, raspberry, grape, and strawberry jams, preserves, and jellies and be generous with the powdered sugar; remember, calories don’t count during the holidays!

Kwanzaa Sweet Potato Pie

Pie is not just for Thanksgiving! This rich treat will satisfy the most serious craving for sweets!

Vegan No-Bake Cranberry Cheesecake Bars

You don’t need eggs and dairy for seasonal baked goods! This animal-friendly alternative is perfect for holiday parties (or you can eat them all yourself)!

Arielle Silver-Willner is a freshman in the class of 2018. She loves writing stories, singing (not well), and baking anything with chocolate.
Her Campus Conn Coll