burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

5 Ways to Revamp Your Closet for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Want to refresh your wardrobe before all the leaves fall off the trees? We got you! Here are 5 ways to revamp your closet for fall, including fashion trends, color palettes, and sustainable options!

All About Layers

We all know the feeling: it’s chilly in the morning and sweltering in the afternoon, so how can you plan an outfit accordingly? That’s where layering comes in. Tie a flannel around your waist or throw on a chic denim jacket to ensure you’re comfortable all day!

Preppy is Back

Love Cher’s style in Clueless? You’re in luck! 2020 has done one thing right by bringing back this classic look. Try pairing a crewneck sweater with a tennis skirt or invest in a nice blazer for a more sophisticated outfit.

Orange is the New Orange

Pumpkin isn’t just a delicious latte… it’s also a gorgeous color to add some spice to your favorite fall looks! Not a fan of orange? Other jewel tones are trending too, think emerald green, magenta, or royal blue.

Lounge Around

Don’t want to give up comfort in the name of fashion? You’re not alone! Upgrade your pajama drawer with a matching lounge set or pair an oversized tee with biker shorts for an outfit that can stay in or go out!

Save Your Money

You don’t have to break the bank to revamp your closet this season! Check out apps like ThredUp, Poshmark or Depop for budget-friendly options of your favorite name brands. Not to mention, you can also sell some of your old clothes to make room for the new stuff. This is an easy and practical way to save your money and reduce your environmental footprint! 

Sophia Nadeau

Conn Coll '24

Sophia is a senior at Connecticut College; double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology, as well as minoring in Studio Art. She enjoys spending time with friends, painting, and singing in her free time!
Her Campus Conn Coll