5 Ways to Fight the Winter Woes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

It’s no secret that January and February are probably the two worst months out of the year. January leaves you thinking about how much you miss the holiday season, while February has you looking far in the future for spring break. Well good news everyone, February is almost over! But, just in case you’re still stuck in that February funk, here are some ways to help you out!

1. Don’t stay cooped up in your room!

All we want to do during the cold winter months is stay in bed and watch a movie. Of course we all need a night like this from time to time, but don’t make it an every night deal. Make sure to go hang out with friends and stay social! This doesn’t mean you have to go out in the cold, but try planning a movie night with friends!

2. Try something new!

Whether you try a new restaurant or a new activity, add some variety to your life! The winter months can be boring so be sure to spice it up sometimes. There are always plenty of clubs on campus that you can try (maybe even Her Campus Conn!).

3. Head to the gym and try a new workout!

Getting to the gym can be hard this time of year. No one wants to walk all the way there in the cold, especially if it happens to snow. However, it has been shown that working out can actually make you energized and happy! Try a machine you have never done before or grab a few friends and play some basketball, soccer, or tennis!

4. Be on the lookout for warm weather!

It’s not unusual to have warmer days here and there in February, so make sure you take advantage when you can! Whether you just crack the window open in your room for the first time in months, or pull out all the stops and lounge on the green, definitely get some fresh air!

5. Attend one of the many winter sports events on campus!

No better way to perk up than to get together with the college community and cheer for your fellow Camels! There are sports games happening every weekend. Now that we are entering the spring season, look out for those too!

Not to fear, Camels, spring is almost here!

Francesca is a senior at Connecticut College double majoring in Biology and Italian. She is from Bethany, CT and is a huge Friends and Greys Anatomy enthusiast!
Her Campus Conn Coll