This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Black Friday is less than a week away. Whether you plan on buying presents for friends or family, or just plan on treating yourself, here are some tips on how to make the best of the craziness that is Black Friday shopping! Shop til ya drop, Camels!

1. Research! Plan ahead, but also be flexible! Research which stores have the best deals. Know where you are going to go, but remember you have to be flexible because things can sometimes be very unpredictable. Like when that girl takes the last dress in your size — the worst-mourn for a minute, take a breath, and move onto the next one. 

2. Get up bright and early! Though it can be annoying, waking up early will help you get to stores earlier which will help you get the things you want before they’re all gone!

3. Be aggressive (without hurting anyone)! It’s good to be aggressive and to know what you want as long as you are sure it doesn’t get to the point where you are being rude. You’ve gotta show you really want it!

4. If you don’t like the hype of Black Friday, plan to go to stores like T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods, or Nordstrom Rack, or other outlet stores. They always have great designer clothes and accessories at great prices.

5. Go with friends or family! It’s always good to have a shopping companion. They can help you find a bargain, make sure that dress looks as good in real life as it does in your head, and at the same time keep you company.

Hallie is a Junior who enjoys writing for Conn Coll’s Her Campus chapter! Not only does she love the fact that she shares the same initials as Her Campus (HCXO!), but she loves being part of the Her Campus Conn Coll community, as well as having the opportunity of integrating her passion for photography, journalism, and pop culture throughout her posts. She is currently on the executive board of Her Campus Conn Coll and manages the twitter account.
Her Campus Conn Coll