kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

3 Spring Break- Prep Workouts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Lucky for us, the Spring Break Countdown is on– but with that comes the dreaded pit in your stomach when you realize you are about to be in minimal clothing for the world to see. Fear not, my friends. Here are 3 great workouts that you can do to get ready for the beach:

1. 3 Week, 30-Minute Workouts

If you’re anything like me, you’ll probably be looking for a quick way to get the body you want for the vacation you’ve been looking forward to for months. This workout provides a 3-week roadmap to burn calories and fat while building muscle. 

2. Couch — 5K 

This app outlines a 9-week running program that, as the name suggests, will get you off the couch, and running a 5k. If you’re a fitness beginner, or just haven’t hit the gym for a while, this app is perfect for you. The gradual trajectory of the workouts will have you seeing a difference slowly but without killing yourself! 

3. Skip the Cardio, Build the Muscle!

Sometimes, cardio looks you straight in the eye and kicks you while you’re down. If you want to skip the treadmill and elliptical machines, go straight for the weights with this last workout. You can choose between two workouts (lighter weights for a longer time vs. heavier weights for a shorter time) so just chose the one that works best for you! 

Keep in mind that spring break is supposed to be fun, so don’t worry yourself sick over beauty standards that are impossible to meet.