The 2015 Official Off-Campus Guide for Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Need any ideas of where to go explore off-campus? The new 2015 “Official Off-Campus Guide for Students” is coming out in early October, so look out for it in your mailbox!

The Small Business Advertisement Initiative is a student-run company that promotes local businesses to Connecticut College Students. Its latest project, “The Official Off-Campus Guide for Students” is a booklet of about twenty local businesses, all located in New London, Mystic, and Groton.

You may remember the booklet from last year, when this project was first launched. Jeff Celniker, founder of the company, said, “The idea came to us during our freshman year at Conn. We obviously didn’t know the area at all and it didn’t seem like a lot of students on campus did either. We received great feedback last year and are excited to hear about people trying new places.” Best of all, the booklet includes special discounts, exclusively for Conn Coll students!

In addition to popular spots such as Paul’s Pasta and Jasmine Thai, this Off-Campus Guide includes some hidden gems, including Sweetie’s Bakery & Café, and the Lazy Leopard. Greg Liautaud, another student who worked on this project, said, “The book has come a long way since it came out last year. We have a lot of unique places that I think the students are going to love. It really has something for everyone.” Celniker further explained, “We worked extra hard this year to diversify the guide so that different types of businesses and cultures could be explored.” The company is working on growing its online presence, as well.

Look out for this free booklet in your mailbox in early October! If you have any questions or would like to get involved with The Small Business Advertisement Initiative, please contact Jeff Celniker at jcelnike@conncoll.edu.

Danielle Kaplan is a senior from from Westwood, MA, studying economics and dance at Connecticut College. She is the in-house designer and Instagram contributor for Her Campus Conn Coll. In addition to Her Campus, Danielle spends most of her time rehearsing for several on-campus dance performances. Following graduation, she hopes to work for a non-profit organization related to incarceration and/or at-risk youth. But most of all, Danielle's true passions lie in avocados, dark chocolate, and cereal.
Her Campus Conn Coll