This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

The cold winter air can  take a toll on your skin. As the seasons’ change, your skincare routine should change too! Here are some skincare must-haves for surviving the chilly weather and keeping your skin looking beautiful, hydrated and shining.

Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask

Face masks, moisturizers and primers are designed to hydrate and repair the skin’s barrier. This ultra-hydrating mask is Sephora’s best selling skincare product, and it is worth the hype! It contains ingredients such as niacinamide, ceramide and shea butter to moisturize and plump the skin.

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Using a hydrating cleanser during the winter season is key to preventing dry and flaky skin. This Cerave cleanser is strong enough to remove excess dirt and oil from the skin without overly stripping. It contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid which helps retain the moisture on your face.

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Cold weather and chapped lips come hand in hand in the winter season. After trying what feels like every lip treatment on the market, I have finally found THE ONE. The Laneige lip mask gives your lips instant and long lasting hydration. It comes in 8 delicious scents and contains hyaluronic acid, vitamin c and many antioxydants to ensure the softest lips. Not to mention it comes with a cute pink applicator wand to scoop the product out of the large container. It is sure to last you several months!

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Hyaluronic acid is a sugar naturally produced by our bodies. Its goal is to retain the moisture in our skin and prevent the water from evaporating. Our bodies don’t produce a large amount of hyaluronic acid, but that can be easily repaired through serums like this one! This hyaluronic treatment attracts moisture to achieve smooth, hydrated skin.  

Aquaphor

Aquaphor healing ointment is a cult skincare product that can be used for all your needs. This balm is made mostly out of petroleum jelly and glycerin. It is used as an overall moisturizer to treat or prevent rough skin, chapped lips, minor irritations, healing injured skin and many more uses. 

Krave Beauty’s The Beet Shield Sunscreen

I know what you might be thinking, sunscreen? In the winter? YES! People tend to believe that sunscreen is only necessary when the sun is visible, but the UV rays are hitting your skin all year round. No matter what the weather is outside, we should never skip out on this step in our skincare routines. Sunscreen is the most important step when it comes to skincare to prevent things such as skin cancer and early signs of ageing, like wrinkles. This is one of my favorite SPF products because it is lightweight, moisturizing, and does not leave a white cast. 

Jacqueline Cohen

Concordia CA '23

Jacqueline Cohen is a first year marketing student at Concordia University. She has a passion for travel, music, beauty and fashion.
Kheyra King

Concordia CA '21

Kheyra King is a Montreal-born city girl studying English Literature at Concordia University. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Concordia and the Vice President of Recruitment of Delta Phi Epsilon. She loves coffee dates, traveling and pasta. You will definitely catch her studying at the local Starbucks or Webster Library.