This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

The beginning of finals week doesn’t mean you have to stop eating things you actually love and that make you feel good. We can all agree take-out is a lot easier than preparing a homemade meal, especially when free time is crammed between three study-sessions and two oral presentations. However, preparing an easy, filling, healthy meal can take just a few minutes with these recipes. Plus, they will provide you with all the vitamins and nutrients you need to attack that last exam, even if the four essays you had to write drained all of your energy. Here are my top-five favourite brain-fuel recipes that will keep you going until the holidays arrive.

1) Chickpea Salad with Lemon, Tuna, and Olives

This recipe takes only minutes to make, and it’s filled with all the nutrients you need to feed that brain of yours! Beans are a great source of complex carbohydrates, so this salad will keep your blood sugar (and energy levels) steady. Find the recipe on Kitschen Cat’s blog 

2) Chickpea Salad Sandwich

Staying on the chickpeas-are-amazing theme here, this sandwich will keep you full during your whole exam, so you won’t be bothering the dude next to you with the dreaded afternoon exam tummy growl. Pack it the day before on some yummy, thick slices of whole-grain bread and be ready to take on the world, one calculus test at a time. Find the recipe on Peas and Crayons blog 

3) Energy Bites

These energy bites are packed with nuts, which are an excellent source of vitamin E. Plus, cocoa powder is an amazing source of all kinds of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium and iron, and it has a similar effect to caffeine, without the crash. Sneak these in your bag for whenever you need a little boost. Find the recipe on Marilou Champagne’s blog, Trois Fois Par Jour.  .

4) Toast with energy-boosting toppings

The morning of an exam, you want something with low glycemic-index carbs and lean protein. That means reaching for whole-grain toast and toppings like eggs or nut butters. Here are 21 ideas for energy-boosting breakfast toasts that will help your brain focus and get you that A! Find the list of recipes and ideas on Buzzfeed

5) Rice Bowl with Fried Egg and Avocado

You come home, drop your 1654 pound backpack on the floor, and crawl onto your couch. You have another exam tomorrow morning. You cannot bear to lift a finger and make yourself supper, so you start reaching for the delivery menu. STOP! This recipe saved my life on so many occasions. It’s my secret weapon. It’s easy and convenient, and, most of all, delicious. Packed with protein and good fats, it has everything you need to replenish your body and be ready for that one last push before you get to relax. Find the recipe at Bon Appétit

Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.