Thoughtful and Affordable Holiday Gifts for Your BFFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

The holiday season is nearly here, which means it’s time to spoil your friends with all the amazing presents they deserve. Searching for thoughtful yet affordable gifts while you’re cramming for finals can be difficult. Here are a few easy ideas that your BFF will love, but also won’t break your bank account!

1. Your Favourite Book

If you have an all-time favourite book you think your friend will enjoy, this is the perfect time to share it! Not only are you gifting them an excellent story, they’ll think of you every time they see it. Plus you’ll be able to talk about how much you both love the book when they’re finished!

2. Cute Winter Accessories

Living in Canada, we could all use extra accessories to help us stay warm in the bitter cold. A warm blanket scarf or a fun winter hat might be the perfect gift for your friend who’s always cold. Indigo has some cute winter accessories to check out at a reasonable price!

3. A Self-Care Kit

After finals, everyone seems stressed out and frazzled and self-care is often pushed aside. Remind your friend how amazing they are with a self-care kit full of cozy products they love. Cute socks or slippers, a candle, a colouring book, and a face mask are great starting points!

4. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Cocoa

You can never have too much coffee, tea, or hot cocoa. Starbucks Instant Latte packets or some loose leaf tea from DavidsTea are great ideas. Add a mug and their favourite snacks to ensure a cozy winter break.

5. Makeup

If your friend is obsessed with makeup, try getting an eyeshadow palette or a new lipstick colour you think would look fantastic on them. Sephora surprisingly has many affordable pieces and gift sets, such as these Sephora Collection lipsticks or this Origins skincare set!

6. Something Homemade

If you’ve been blessed with crafty and artistic skills, put them to use this holiday season! Paint a picture, knit a scarf, or scour Pinterest if you’re out of ideas.

7. Bake Something Delicious

You can never go wrong with baked goods. Decorated cookies are thoughtful but also low-budget and simple! Especially if your friend is vegan or has any type of food restriction, they’ll appreciate the safe treats!

8. A Netflix-Binge Kit

If your friend is planning on staying in and cozying up with their favourite TV show over break, a kit full of popcorn, their favourite candy, a warm blanket, and even some show recommendations is a great gift.

Sarah Bubenheimer

Concordia CA '22

Sarah Bubenheimer is a fourth year student at Concordia studying Philosophy, Law & Society, and Western Society & Culture. She is a Councillor for the Concordia Student Union and the Academic & Accessibility Coordinator for the Students of Philosophy Association. She is passionate about lattes, lipstick, and philosophy, and can always be found at a cafe listening to Taylor Swift. 
Kami Katopodis

Concordia CA '19

President of HC Concordia • Poet • Major in Human Relations • Minor in Diversity in the Contemporary World •