Six On-The-Go Snack Ideas for Back To School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Now that school is in full swing, your self-care routine should be too. Obviously, part of this includes giving yourself the nourishment and energy to pay full attention in your classes. As most of us are busy students with full class and extracurricular schedules, I have compiled a list of snacks that can easily be taken on-the-go and be prepared quickly!

1) Energy bites

Energy bites are an incredibly filling, customizable, and easy-to-make snack typically made with dates, nuts, and any nut butter-of-choice. Because they usually don’t require baking, they’re simple to make Sunday night and grab before class throughout the week. There are countless ways to make these delicious snacks, but some starter ideas are these peanut butter cup bites, cookie dough bites, and apple cinnamon bites.

2) Hummus

An obvious yet simple snack that can easily be tossed into a container and taken on the go! Hummus is great because it goes well with a wide variety of foods so you can make (or buy!) one huge batch, it’ll last you throughout the week. Plus, you won’t be tired of eating the same thing! Some side ideas include pita bread, cucumbers, carrots, pita chips, and pretzels.

3) Peanut butter and jelly graham crackers

A twist on the classic favourite, peanut butter and jelly graham crackers are super easy to make and they’re incredibly tasty. For a twist you can always substitute the peanut butter with almond butter!

4) Trail mix

A classic on-the-go snack, trail mix is as filling as it is nourishing. Go to the Bulk Barn near Concordia to buy the ingredients you love and customize it to be your own!

5) Smoothies

Smoothies are the perfect light and refreshing snack to pick you up between classes. There are endless possibilities of creating one that you love and you’ll never get tired of!

6) Roasted chickpeas

A protein-packed snack that’s ideal for studying and staying focused. These are so simple to make on your own and add your own spices for a sweet or savory kick. You can also find them at the grocery store if you don’t have time!

Sarah Bubenheimer

Concordia CA '22

Sarah Bubenheimer is a fourth year student at Concordia studying Philosophy, Law & Society, and Western Society & Culture. She is a Councillor for the Concordia Student Union and the Academic & Accessibility Coordinator for the Students of Philosophy Association. She is passionate about lattes, lipstick, and philosophy, and can always be found at a cafe listening to Taylor Swift. 
Kami Katopodis

Concordia CA '19

President of HC Concordia • Poet • Major in Human Relations • Minor in Diversity in the Contemporary World •