Girls Pumpkins
Girls Pumpkins
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
Style

Must-Have Fashion Items for the Autumn Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Autumn is my absolute favourite time of year. I love the crisp, colder weather, and I love snuggling into a blanket on a night in and watching Halloween themed movies. Most of all, I love fall fashion. Unfortunately for Montreal, the season does not last very long and will quickly turn to winter. So, for the short two months that fall is in full effect, I make sure to take advantage of all the fun styles that this season has to offer.

1. Blanket scarf

Of course, I had to start with my most favourite fall fashion item. These scarves are so comfortable, and the best part is that they are so versatile. They come in so many patterns and can fit everyone’s styles. I think that the best part about a big blanket scarf is that I can wear such simple tops and have this scarf to compliment it.

2. Fall jacket

At one point, I had six fall jackets. I like to wear either my leather jackets or  light material jackets when I’m going out, and my denim jackets on days where I’m only going to school or running some errands. Feel free to use these ideas interchangeably! Outerwear is one of the most prominent fall fashion items, so there is something for everyone to enjoy. One thing I like to keep in mind is that the weather does get colder, but slowly. Getting a coat that is comfortable enough to transition with you from fall to winter (without going from small sweater to a big parka) is something I think is not only fashionable but helpful.

Denim Jacket Detail
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

3. Knee-high boots

While short boots are also a big trend in the fall, I love to have a good pair of high boots. Because they are such a classic look, they will go with almost any outfit. They are perfect for when the weather becomes too cold for flats and sandals, but not cold enough for winter boots. Like some fall jackets, some boots can be worn right into the winter, provided there is no heavy snow or ice yet!

4. A fall-coloured nail polish

Nail polish is always an interesting way to express creativity and get into the autumn mood. My favourite nail colours are the ones that are dark and muted (which does not match my personality in any way). These colours are just perfect for fall weather! Burgundy is always a favourite, but I also find that dusty mauves and pinks, greys and dark blues make great statements in the fall.

The Lalanavy Nails And Plaid Shirt
Her Campus Media

5. Dark lipstick

Any fall look is complete with a bold lipstick shade. Dark reds and dark neutrals are in season and can complement your outfit, but I always think that any lipstick shade is the best way to tie everything in together and make a statement.

Kheyra King

Concordia CA '21

Kheyra King is a Montreal-born city girl studying English Literature at Concordia University. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Concordia and the Vice President of Recruitment of Delta Phi Epsilon. She loves coffee dates, traveling and pasta. You will definitely catch her studying at the local Starbucks or Webster Library.
Kami Katopodis

Concordia CA '19

President of HC Concordia • Poet • Major in Human Relations • Minor in Diversity in the Contemporary World •