Meet the Her Campus Concordia Team – Kylee Ross

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Name: Kylee Ross

Major: Journalism 

Why did you choose Concordia? I chose Concordia because I wanted to stay in Montreal for school and Concordia is the only English school that offers a journalism program. McGill only had graduate options. 

What is your favourite part of Concordia? I love the campuses at Concordia. I have classes both downtown and at the Loyola campus but like each for different reasons. Loyola looks like an American college straight out of a movie and is quiet. The downtown campus is right downtown and I love feeling like I’m in the centre on Montreal. 

Campus involvement? Her Campus, The Concordian contributor.

Role at Her Campus: Editor-in-Chief 

Why did you choose to join Her Campus? I loved the idea of an online magazine written for college women by college women. 

Hometown: Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville 

Favourite place on/near campus to hang out? I love The Green Beat on the fourth floor of the Hall Building. 

Describe yourself in three words: Hard-working, clumsy, caring 

What is something about you that most people don’t know? I have a Netflix problem. 

If you won 1 million dollars, what would you buy first? Some kind of trip for friends, family and anyone who has ever helped me. 

What is your favourite place you have traveled to? Capri, Italy 

Where is somewhere you want to travel to? Morocco 

What are you reading right now? The Old Man and the Sea 

What is one mistake you’ve made in college/university and what did you learn from it? I didn’t get involved in campus life until my second year of university. 

Where do you see yourself in five years? Possibly still in school, hopefully working or interning at a print publication. 

What is one quote you’ve always held onto? “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” Audrey Hepburn 

What is your favourite food? Tacos

What is your favourite animal? Wolves and kittens

What is your favourite movie? Breakfast at Tiffany’s 

What is a fun fact about you? It’s likely that I will find a way to break anything I am touching. It’s a talent really. 

Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.