Meet the Her Campus Concordia Team – Krystal Carty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Name: Krystal Carty

Major: Journalism specialization

Why did you choose Concordia? They have a really great journalism program

What is your favourite part of Concordia? Loyola campus – I love that it’s close enough to downtown so it’s still convenient but far enough where it can feel relaxing to be there

Campus involvement? Her Campus and the Delta Phi Epsilon sorority

Role at Her Campus: President

Why did you choose to join Her Campus? I had seen it at McGill and thought it was so interesting so I reached out the HC head office and found out about starting a chapter at Concordia.

Hometown: Montreal

Favourite place on/near campus to hang out? Loyola campus

Describe yourself in three words: sarcastic, assertive, caffeine

What is something about you that most people don’t know? I’m actually very introverted

If you won 1 million dollars, what would you buy first? Probably something at Chanel. You can’t go wrong with Chanel.

What is your favourite place you have traveled to? London

Where is somewhere you want to travel to? Ireland

What are you reading right now? Just finished Big Little Lies…it’s exams so I’m currently reading powerpoints and class notes only.

What is one mistake you’ve made in college/university and what did you learn from it? Putting things off til last minute isn’t a great idea…still making this mistake though so hopefully I learn soon!

Where do you see yourself in five years? Somewhere with a coffee in hand

What is one quote you’ve always held onto? “Know what? Bitches get stuff done.” – Tina Fey

What if your favourite food? Pizza

What is your favourite animal? My dog

What is a fun fact about you? I became an ordained minister once while bored at work

Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.