LOV: The Place For Gluten-Free Brunch Enthusiasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

Brunch is one of my favourite things in this whole world, and breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. Therefore, when my doctor told me to avoid gluten and dairy, my brunch world came crashing down. No waffles, no pancakes, no cheese—the list goes on.

But last week, my friend suggested the restaurant LOV for brunch. She told me that it’s a vegan restaurant, so there would be no dairy, and that they have gluten free options. Of course, I wanted to check it out, and I’m so happy I did.

From the very moment I saw the restaurant from outside, it looked like an Instagram paradise. It was clean, lively, and beautifully decorated, with marble tables and green plants on every table. We were seated and as soon as I picked up my menu, I knew I would dining here in the future. One of the first things listed was an avocado toast, with a wheat free option! My basic gluten-free heart was so content. I continued scanning the menu and was instantly drawn to the apple wheat-free pancakes. Not many breakfast restaurants offer wheat-free pancakes or waffles, so naturally I needed to try these.

After taking many basic photos of my coffee against the marble table, my food arrived. On top of my dietary restrictions, I am quite picky, and my pancakes came with applesauce, cashew chai cream, mixed fruit, and maple syrup. I really didn’t think applesauce paired with pancakes, and I had never heard of cashew chai cream, but it worked! It was delicious, and the pancakes were everything I had been dreaming of for months.

Not only was the food at LOV amazing, the prices were fair. Most vegan or gluten-free restaurants I’ve visited have been quite expensive, however LOV was definitely student-budget friendly. They only offer brunch on the weekends, so it’s the perfect place to go after a busy week and enjoy some unique vegan dishes!

Sarah Bubenheimer

Concordia CA '22

Sarah Bubenheimer is a fourth year student at Concordia studying Philosophy, Law & Society, and Western Society & Culture. She is a Councillor for the Concordia Student Union and the Academic & Accessibility Coordinator for the Students of Philosophy Association. She is passionate about lattes, lipstick, and philosophy, and can always be found at a cafe listening to Taylor Swift. 
Krystal Carty

Concordia CA '19

Krystal Carty is a second year journalism student and the founding member of the Concordia chapter of Her Campus. Her interests include drinking copious amounts of caffeine and spending as much time with her adorable rescue dog as possible. Krystal has a degree in sarcasm and a love for all things pop culture.